I’ve never been a makeup expert. This changed a little when I got into the film industry 3 years ago. In such a space, us ladies always want to look our best! I’ve needed to learn some basics. Here are a few tips I can pass on to you. One thing I find amazing is the difference a bit of eye shadow can make. It’s crazy how you can make your eyes pop with a colour. These guidelines are great for when in the professional arena or for when you dress up to go out on the town.
Any shade actually works with brown. Lucky you!
+ Dark Greys / Ash (Smokey Eyes)
+ Dark Greens
Local make-up artists for your next special event
- Cape Town – http://corlemakeup.co.za/
- Cape Town – http://yolande.co.za/
- Johannesburg – http://www.erinsmylie.co.za/
- Johannesburg – http://www.wedding-makeup.co.za/
- Port Elizabeth – http://michellemarxmakeup.co.za/
- Port Elizabeth – http://www.makeupbyliz.co.za/
Local make-up schools and training institutes
- Cape Town & Johannesburg – http://www.kohlmakeup.co.za/index.html
- Johannesburg – http://www.facetoface.co.za/
- Durban, George, Cape Town, Johannesburg – http://makeupstars.co.za/#1
- Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town – http://www.saschoolofweddings.co.za/index.html
- Anywhere in SA through correspondence – http://www.collegesa.co.za/Beauty-Therapy-Courses.html
Here’s me trying something a little different during a shoot with Seagram Pearce in Cape Town!
Cover Photo: Death To The Stock Photo