With Autumn here (Spring in South Africa), my attention was drawn to the Fall 2014 Men’s Suit Collection at Bonobos – a Menswear Fashion Brand from the US. They describe themselves as offering both “well-crafted, great fitting men’s clothing and a top-notch shopping experience that’s simple and painless.” Their new collection of wool suits, tweed blazers and tuxedos seem to go hand-in-hand with the crisp Fall weather and Autumn leaves. Ladies, these would make a great gift for your boyfriend / hubby! Connect with Bonobos on their Facebook, their Blog and their Instagram.
May is one of my favourite months. Last year this time I was getting home from London where I had just done Top Model UK. Here in South Africa, May is the last month of the Autumn season and things are headed for Winter so it’s getting chilly. Good thing I’ll be in New York when it’s the height of Winter here! For May I decided some of my goals this month would revolve around spring cleaning.. this is going to be a month of organizing and cleaning out! Here are some of the things I’m going to do:
1. Clean out all my old stuff and give to charity. This includes my old books, textbooks, sport stuff, ornaments and clothes. I just realized I am keeping a lot of my old things and it’s piling up. I am doing a huge clean out this month and I have three charities in mind who I would like to drop my boxes off with. I will keep you posted!
2. Read a book. I have started an incredibly-written novel by Julian Fellowes called ‘Past Imperfect’. I love reading but the trouble is sometimes life runs away with me and I never finish things I start reading. This one I’m determined to complete!
3. Finish another blog I’m creating. I’m working on a new project and I’m going to work extra hard to get it done before the end of the month. Very exciting stuff, watch this space!
Any fun things happening for you this month?
I have been going crazy for orange anything lately. Papaya, spiced orange hot chocolate, orange muffins, orange cakes! If it has anything to do with orange, chances are I’ll be eating it. Why this sudden obsession? I have no idea. So what I decided to do was get to the recipe books and find the perfect orange muffin recipe. The great thing about these is that they are only 322 cal each 😉
Here it is, Enjoy!
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 orange, quartered and seeds removed (with peel)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 Celsius) ; spray a muffin tin (12) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to food processor and combine; pour into large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in tin for 5 minutes before removing muffins.