I have been going crazy for orange anything lately. Papaya, spiced orange hot chocolate, orange muffins, orange cakes! If it has anything to do with orange, chances are I’ll be eating it. Why this sudden obsession? I have no idea. So what I decided to do was get to the recipe books and find the perfect orange muffin recipe. The great thing about these is that they are only 322 cal each 😉
Here it is, Enjoy!
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 orange, quartered and seeds removed (with peel)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 Celsius) ; spray a muffin tin (12) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to food processor and combine; pour into large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in tin for 5 minutes before removing muffins.
6 Comments Add yours
These are YUMMY Tamika, I’ll try your recipe tomorrow and post the result of how mine turn out 🙂
Happy baking x z
Mmmm, I love your muffins! 😉 I really like anything citrusy.
can you send some ??????
Hehehe, Thank You!
Yum! I can’t wait to try this recipe! 🙂
I will have to try this! 🙂 Thank you!