A display of yellow beeswax candles I discovered at the Frankfurt Christmas market.
They burn a golden halo and smell of sweet honey.
– Live Like a German, live-like-a-german.com
I call little shops like the ones on Paulsplatz square at the Christmas market “winkels” – a South African Afrikaans word meaning shop. Selling various trinkets of hand carved wood, colorful ceramics, local jewelry + tons of knitwear, there’s also food trucks. These are a little more exciting because nothing beats the taste of Glühwein on a freezing morning at one of these markets! The scene is like a fairytale Christmas village; complete with charming decorations, craftsmanship, wine, spices + the smell of hot Nutella pancakes in the air. Somehow it all works beautifully together!
Where To Buy Pure Beeswax Candles Online
A Traditional Glühwein Recipe
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring it close to boil.
- For additional taste, cut 2 oranges into bite-size pieces and add to the wine. Let simmer but not boil.
- Remove clove and cinnamon stick before serving it into lightly pre-warmed glasses.
- Decorate glasses with an orange slice.
- Enjoy and drink responsibly!
2 Comments Add yours
oooh gluhwein, great with a pretzel in the cool (or shall we say cold) winter’s day…