I’ve been pretty busy lately. I’ve had a lot of photoshoots modelling wise and have been learning a lot. I’m working on my acting showreel and will be starting work on a project as part of Skybok filming and editing for Yokhuselo Haven for Abused Women who is hosting a big function in honour of their 25th anniversary this month. I’m presenting in a new Industrial series for my family’s company Doubell Machines and I’m soon making the move to Johannesburg but will be making a trip to Cape Town Nov 1 for the summer season there. The word on my lips is COMMUTE ! I’ll be doing a lot of that in the time to come. Good thing I just bought a new cabin bag 😉 Acting-wise, there’s usually a great deal of castings and auditions up in Cape Town during these next 2 months of the year, so I’m excited for that. In the midst of all this, I’ve discovered a coffee shop in Port Elizabeth called La Boca. When I went the other day I had a pot of Rooibos tea (a true South African product) and an amazing cheese platter. Thank Goodness I had my laptop with me, as The Mail & Guardian contacted me for some photos of Grahamstown’s nightlife which I happened to have a lot of seeing as Skybok Profiles filmed many of their clubs last year! Watch one of our profiles of their biggest nightclub below. I did the editing and voice work and my brother did the filming. Shot on a CANON 5D MK 2 with a 50mm fixed focus lens and a 20mm wide angle lens.
I have been going crazy for orange anything lately. Papaya, spiced orange hot chocolate, orange muffins, orange cakes! If it has anything to do with orange, chances are I’ll be eating it. Why this sudden obsession? I have no idea. So what I decided to do was get to the recipe books and find the perfect orange muffin recipe. The great thing about these is that they are only 322 cal each 😉
Here it is, Enjoy!
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 orange, quartered and seeds removed (with peel)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 Celsius) ; spray a muffin tin (12) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to food processor and combine; pour into large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in tin for 5 minutes before removing muffins.