As an entrepreneur, it’s very important how you manage your Twitter. It’s a pretty fantastic service to market + promote your brand. It’s also a place to discuss + get feedback from your readers/clients. Not everyone handles their twitter correctly, read this incredible article on epic celebrity twitter fails for 2013. You want to aim for retweets with your tweets because through that, you are sharing the words of another person, brand or influencer. Here are nice tips to keep in mind when using Twitter effectively:
- You’re most likely to get retweeted on a Sunday, according to this awesome study. If you want a retweet during the week, tweet between 10-11pm.
- Lunchtime is the most popular time of the day for Twitter. Peak frequency hours are during the workday, with a higher frequency between 12-1pm.
- More hashtags=more retweets. Try around 5 hashtags.
- Visuals and exclamation marks will generate more retweets. The study found that tweets with between 6-9 exclammation marks yield high emotion and tons more retweets than without!!!!!!
- Use CAPS LOCK for more retweets.
- Avoid slang and abbreviations. Your followers may not know that AFAIK means “as far as I know,” but they will understand “I think.”
- Don’t be afraid to use symbols. They can help you save space and make your tweets look cleaner. For example, replace “and” with an ampersand.