Some gorgeous images to brighten your day + keep your creative content flowing. All these images are 100% copyright free (licensed under Creative Commons Zero which means you can copy, modify, distribute + use the photos for free, including commercial purposes, without asking permission from or providing attribution to the photographer). Use them in your digital projects! Nature is super inspiring to me right now. I am on instagram @misstamikajade – let me know what you think! I’m also all about inspiration on my Facebook page.
In no particular order:
- Colour. In any way, shape or form.
- Watching Russell Brands YouTube Channel.
- Banting chocolate brownies (carb-free).
- Daily yoga, prayer + meditation.
- Having cream + honey in my coffee.
- Listening to Grooveshark, especially the EDM Broadcast.
- Being in Cape Town for Summer.
- Collaboration. On books, blogs, brands + business.
- French manicures.
What’s been making you smile lately?
Ps. Here’s the Brownie recipe. Takes 20 minutes!
Mix the dry ingredients; and add all the wet ingredients. Whisk till it is combined. Pour into a small baking dish/pan (we used a dish approx. 140mm x 220mm) and bake at 170°C for 15 minutes or until the brownie almost does not “jiggle”. Do not overcook, as the brownies will dry out quickly!
As part of the WeWork “Show Us Your Dream Space” campaign, I was asked to share a picture of my current workspace. Here in South Africa, we have sun practically all year round. This helps create that warm mood I love about mine!
I’ve never been a makeup expert. This changed a little when I got into the film industry 3 years ago. In such a space, us ladies always want to look our best! I’ve needed to learn some basics. Here are a few tips I can pass on to you. One thing I find amazing is the difference a bit of eye shadow can make. It’s crazy how you can make your eyes pop with a colour. These guidelines are great for when in the professional arena or for when you dress up to go out on the town.
Any shade actually works with brown. Lucky you!
+ Dark Greys / Ash (Smokey Eyes)
+ Dark Greens
Local make-up artists for your next special event
- Cape Town – http://corlemakeup.co.za/
- Cape Town – http://yolande.co.za/
- Johannesburg – http://www.erinsmylie.co.za/
- Johannesburg – http://www.wedding-makeup.co.za/
- Port Elizabeth – http://michellemarxmakeup.co.za/
- Port Elizabeth – http://www.makeupbyliz.co.za/
Local make-up schools and training institutes
- Cape Town & Johannesburg – http://www.kohlmakeup.co.za/index.html
- Johannesburg – http://www.facetoface.co.za/
- Durban, George, Cape Town, Johannesburg – http://makeupstars.co.za/#1
- Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town – http://www.saschoolofweddings.co.za/index.html
- Anywhere in SA through correspondence – http://www.collegesa.co.za/Beauty-Therapy-Courses.html
Here’s me trying something a little different during a shoot with Seagram Pearce in Cape Town!
Cover Photo: Death To The Stock Photo
I was recently approached to be the ambassador of a very exciting cause which I’m so thrilled about. Brooklyn Fashion Week and the Brooklyn Style Foundation in collaboration with MyArts International have asked me to work with them on a stunning new campaign in South Africa – a program which will see lucky fashion designers & fashion models selected to showcase their work at the Brooklyn Fashion Week in New York!
In my opinion Sundays are the best days of the week. They are the days post-partying from Friday and Saturday nights; the days when you are officially allowed to say “no” to invitations if you want to and the day you can sit down and plan the week ahead. Here are some things I do on Sunday:
- Listen to a podcast from Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer
- Spend an hour or two reading
- Watch a film
- Make a delicious lunch, using recipes from this awesome website.
- Write out my goals for the week ahead